Employee health by the numbers.
Absenteeism, unfocused employees and resignations are all symptoms of an unhealthy and unhappy workforce.
However it’s not until you consider the collective costs of these issues that you realise employee health benefits are an investment well worth making.
KK Foods, Marketing Coordinator and Health Shield customer
working days were lost due to sickness in the UK 1
is the average cost to the employer for every day an employee is absent 2
is the estimated cost of mental health problems at work for the UK economy 3
is the cost of presenteeism to the UK economy each year, with many employees working whilst unwell 4
working days are lost due to stress, depression or anxiety 5
1 in 3
businesses do not know the absence cost to their business 6
And now for the good news.
On average, our health benefits cost
Per employee, per week*
1. Office of National Statistics, 2017
2. CIPD, 2017
3. Centre for Mental Health, 2018
* Tailored Health Cash Plan Employer Paid Level 1
4. Centre for Mental Health, 2017
5. Health & Safety Executive, 2018
6. Employee Benefits Healthcare Research in association with Health Shield; 2017